Title: Marine Field Service Technician
Long Beach, CA Area
Reports to: Service Manager
Consilium Marine US is part of the Consilium Safety Group, which is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of products and safety systems for the fire and gas detection, in the marine, oil & gas, transport and construction sectors. The company started in 1912 with speed logs and today we are an international company driven by innovation. With 64 offices in 55 countries, we offer a dynamic and international working environment where you will work closely with a team that works to achieve the overall vision of the business.
Job description summary:
Position is based out of Long Beach, California Area. Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Our Marine Field Service Technicians conduct, maintain, test, and repair electrical/electronic systems, and components. Applies knowledge related to electrical/electronic principles in determining equipment malfunctions. Uses skills in restoring equipment to operation. The Marine Field Service Technician provides skilled electrical/electronic support to all areas of Consilium procedures and products.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and commission electrical/electronic equipment, including programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, and test equipment.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic theories and principles as well as operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Know about international & local shipping rules and properties of various materials.
- Install, start-up, and shut down equipment following company safety procedures for machine activation and shut down, in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advise operators of procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic equipment and components.
- Identify and source all parts and test equipment required to repair electrical/electronic equipment.
- Maintain, in a timely manner, company-required CRM procedures for all service-related cases, NCRs, FAQs, and any other methods as instructed.
- Provide accurate technical support and coordination to the service manager, service coordinators, sales team, and external customers in both written and verbal communication.
- Assist in training co-workers and external customers when needed.
- Operate efficiently and in the most economical way when arranging travel and lodging, always staying within the quoted amount.
- Pro-active attitude regarding safety. Contribute to accident prevention and safety awareness. Keep workspace in a safe, clean, and tidy condition.
Perform additional duties as required.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or minimum of three years of proven service experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic fields.
Experience within marine industry preferred.
Three years of computer experience/operation or PLC programming.
Previous experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced technical environment are preferred.
Knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment, including the use of unique instruments for diagnostic purposes.
Well organized and able to learn and work well in a team.
Able to make accurate decisions, often under pressure, always with the customer in mind.
Full-time position - 40 hours plus/week.
Frequent evening and weekend work will be required on short notice, as work duties demand.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervisory responsibilities on-site as the job requires. Leading, managing, and instructing installation teams, team leaders, vessel crews, and representatives.
Work Environment: The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in their daily work. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Work tasks included in this position are occasionally performed in outside weather conditions.
Extensive travel is expected for this position, both domestic and international.
Work travel may require shared quarters with people of the same and/or different gender.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to speak and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include, but are not limited to, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicants will need to acquire a TWIC Card (if not already in possession of one) which is subject to a background check.
Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Consilium Marine US, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.