Consilium Safety Group is a Swedish producer of safety technologies for the marine, oil and gas, transport and building sectors. Our commitment goes beyond the products: we protect lives, the environment and objects of great value. Our vision is to be the consumer’s choice when safety matters. The journey began in 1912, and since then we have been driven by innovation. We have more than 55 offices, covering all time zones, and strives to be a great place to work for all of its 900 employees.
Consilium Safety Group and the Bulgarian fire detection company UniPOS have had a valuable partnership since 2015. As a result of Consilium Safety Group’s recent acquisition of a majority of the shares in UniPOS, the collaboration is fortified. By joining forces, the companies are ready for the next phase of their development.
UniPOS is established in 1995 and its main activity is to design, manufacture, and sell a range of high-tech fire-alarm solutions for commercial and industrial applications. The company has a high quality and fully automated production facility and a skilled workforce with a proud heritage of technical development and manufacturing. It has one factory located in Pleven, Bulgaria and a business office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Together, we are in a position to increase our market share. UniPOS becomes the heart of our group’s production and a key success factor for our growth strategy.
No matter where you work for Consilium, we give you the chance to grow in your role and take on new ones.
We are currently looking for a motivated candidate to join us for the position of:
Embedded Software Engineer
The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of the firmware for fire alarm devices and panels, gas sensing systems and life-saving products. Work in an international environment and be part of a workplace where your day to day will involve working as a team on world-class products.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Designing firmware solutions based on project requirements
- Coding using C and C++ language
- Good understanding of the electronics design and PCB layout
- Contributing to firmware architecture and development, engineering tests and product validation
- Preparing the technical documentation related to the firmware - (Doxygen)
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Applied Computer Science or related technical field
- Proven industry experience in the end-to-end development life cycle, from the initial concept to production (including architecture, design, development, debugging, documentation, and validation)
- Minimum 4 years of C/C++ coding experience in embedded firmware
- Deep understanding of embedded architecture concepts (CPU core, internal and external memories, CPU peripherals)
- Experience programming MCUs and RTOS such as FreeRTOS, TI-RTOS or similar
- Experience with ARM Cortex Processors
- Experience in version control (SVN) and issues tracking tools
- Ability to understanding of schematics on analog, digital and power electronics
- Experience with communication protocols (Ethernet, USB, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN)
- Ability to navigate, understand & adapt large existing codebases
- Ability in risk assessment and problem solving during the product’s life cycle development
- Ability to use block diagrams, conceptual sketches, pseudo-code and other techniques of project designing
- Excellent team working skills is a must, both internally within the R&D department as well as across departments
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in:
- Familiarity of Web concepts (WIFI, Cloud Services, Cyber Security)
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies concept
- Ability to prepare small testing tools using C# or Python
- Experience of functional safety or similar standards (EN54)
- Excellent working conditions
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and inspiring team in a profitable and purpose driven company
- Opportunities to acquire new knowledge and professional development
- Interesting and various contacts with professionals at the highest level
- Attractive and fair remuneration, based on the real contribution to the projects
We are always interested in hiring talented staff in at UniPOS. In order to apply, please, send your CV. The information you provide is confidential and is under the protection of GDPR. The company will be using it for recruitment purposes only. Documents will be treated in strict confidence. Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview.