Consilium Safety Group is a world-leading solution provider of fire and gas safety technologies for the marine, energy, transport and building sectors. By combining safety expertise with intelligent detection, the company contributes to protecting lives, values, and the planet through technology. What started in 1912 is today an international company driven by innovation. Consilium Safety Group is based in Gothenburg, Sweden, has more than 55 offices, covering all time zones, and strives to be a great place to grow. With a market leading position, robustness, and pioneer thinking – we are now on our journey to transform and shape the future of the industry, by becoming #1 in SafetyTech.
We are looking for a Motivated Sales Manager to join our Sales Team in US/Fort Lauderdale. The Sales Manager will be responsible for securing and growing our Safety products with existing Marine customers as well as new customers, including ship owners, partners, and shipyards. This position will also be responsible for all sales to the Transport/Rolling stock market.
The ideal candidates will get a thrill from being part of a truly innovative company that’s leading the way globally in high performance and safety engineering for preventing and minimizing danger by preventing the spread of fire, gas, chemicals and other hazards substances in high-risk maritime, offshore, rolling stock and land-based environments.
The current market the sales team is covering today is the entire US.
- Be an integral part of the Consilium US sales team, collaborating with four sales representatives.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities to expand company sales of Fire and Gas detection systems, Continuous Emission Systems, and Multi Cable Transits within the assigned territory.
- Promote our safety product portfolio to the Train/Rolling Stock industry, fostering strong relationships and driving sales growth.
- Conduct in-person meetings, presentations, negotiations, and contract closures with clients at their sites.
- Arrange and conduct virtual meetings, presentations, lunch and learn sessions, and participate in industry events both online and physical.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with distributors and subcontractors to maximize market reach.
- Build and nurture long-lasting client relationships, acting as a trusted technical advisor.
- Provide customers with necessary information, including pricing, delivery details, and sales terms and conditions.
- Attend industry conferences, workshops, and exhibitions to stay informed about industry trends, products, and competitors.
- Research and identify potential customers for our products and services.
- Collaborate with the sales manager to modify product configurations and align with customer needs.
- Strive to achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and KPIs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in selling to shipyards, naval engineering firms, or vessel owners/operators, or 3+ years of experience selling products to the Transport/Rolling Stock industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience. Sales strategy and/or business administration studies are preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant markets and industry dynamics.
- Proven ability to effectively navigate and communicate with decision-makers to close sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build trust and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and business software (e.g., ERP, CRM).
- Technical expertise in safety systems.
- Experience in a multi-cultural, international company environment.
- Experience negotiating and understanding complex contracts.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including health and dental insurance (80% of premium covered by Consilium), paid vacation plus thirteen paid U.S. legal holidays and simple IRA retirement plan.
Since the company was founded, the company’s main goal has been the same – to save lives. We strive to be a great place to grow, and we are driven forward by our core values, ‘I take responsibility,’ ‘I take initiative,’ ’We deliver’ and ’One global team’. Our corporate culture is characterized by a warm family atmosphere where the individual can be in focus. If this sounds like your next place to grow – connect with us!
Application & contact
Does this sound like your next challenge? Please apply for this position as soon as possible as we are reviewing applications on a continuous basis.