Consilium Safety Group is a world-leading solution provider of fire and gas safety technologies for the marine, energy, transport and building sectors. By combining safety expertise with intelligent detection, the company contributes to protecting lives, values, and the planet through technology. What started in 1912 is today an international company driven by innovation. Consilium Safety Group is based in Gothenburg, Sweden, has more than 55 offices, covering all time zones, and strives to be a great place to grow. With a market leading position, robustness, and pioneer thinking – we are now on our journey to transform and shape the future of the industry, by becoming #1 in Safety Tech.
As a Project Manager & Engineer at Consilium, you will have an important role in project management and creation of technical documentation. We work within various Marine – including navy, cruise, complex gas projects – as well as Transport (rail) and Building segments. Our projects can vary in size, ranging from smaller projects to more complex ones requiring 150 to 2000 hours.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Driving overall project management of complex projects from order handover to delivery, in close collaboration with local and global Consilium colleagues.
- Being a close sparring partner with the commercial team to ensure technically optimal solutions.
- Provide internal and external technical support, and being a point of contact for customers and other parties involved in projects.
- Creating product drawings for production as well as installation guides (using e.g. AutoCAD).
- Developing technical documentation, such as manuals and instructions, for our customers.
- Programming and testing of Consilium centrals.
- Ensuring and participating in quality assurance efforts to safeguard our delivery quality in accordance with established quality standards (such as ISO, AQAP etc.).
Who are we looking for?
We believe taking initiative and diving into new tasks comes naturally to you. You are communicative, problem-solving, and well-organized. You have a knack for details while still able to take a step-back and ensure a holistic view of a situation. Your curiosity and eagerness to learn more about the industry will help you greatly in achieving your goals and excelling in this role. With an ambition to take on more responsibility in terms of customer contact and project management there are great opportunities for advancement at Consilium.
We believe that you:
- Have a degree in engineering from university or vocational education, preferably with a technical focus- or have the equivalent work life experience.
- Have experience from the Marine industry - with high preference for Navy experience - and/or from other industrial segments.
- Preferably have experience and/or knowledge of working with larger projects and handling complex technical (and resultingly commercial) contracts.
- Preferably have direct experience and/or exposure to fire and gas detection solutions.
- Have good knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Are proficient in the Office package.
- Are fluent in German and business fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Preferably have experience in programming and electrical installation, as well as knowledge of protocols such as Modbus, TCP/IP, and RTU.
Since the company was founded, the company’s main goal has been the same – to save lives. We strive to be a Great place to grow, and we are driven forward by our core values ’I take responsibility – I take initiative,’ ’We deliver’ and ’One global team.’ Our corporate culture is characterized by warm and family atmosphere where the individual can be in focus. If this sounds like your next place to grow – connect with us and apply today!
Application and contact
Does this sound like your next challenge? Apply for this position as soon as possible as we are reviewing applications on a continuous basis.