Consilium Safety Group is a world-leading solution provider of fire and gas safety technologies for the marine, energy, transport and building sectors. By combining safety expertise with intelligent detection, the company contributes to protecting lives, values, and the planet through technology. What started in 1912 is today an international company driven by innovation. Consilium Safety Group is based in Gothenburg, Sweden, has more than 55 offices, covering all time zones, and strives to be a great place to grow. With a market leading position, robustness, and pioneer thinking – we are now on our journey to transform and shape the future of the industry, by becoming #1 in SafetyTech.
We are currently seeking a skilled and dedicated Service Engineer to join our team at Consilium in Spain to support the Mediterranean Area. As a Service Engineer, you will play a vital role in conducting, maintaining, testing, and repairing various systems and components, including electrical/electronic, mechanical equipment. You will apply your extensive knowledge of electrical/electronic principles to diagnose equipment malfunctions and restore them to optimal operation.
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot, repair, and commission mechanical, and electrical/electronic equipment, such as programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, and test equipment.
- Utilize your expertise in electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles to plan and execute work effectively, ensuring the proper operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Install, start up, and shut down equipment in compliance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shut down, following OSHA requirements. Provide operators with necessary instructions and guidelines for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Identify and source all necessary parts and test equipment required for the repair of electrical/electronic equipment, ensuring timely maintenance and adherence to company-required CRM procedures for service-related cases, NCRs, FAQs, and other prescribed methods.
- Provide accurate technical support and coordination to the service manager, service coordinators, sales team, and external customers through effective written and verbal communication.
- Assist in training co-workers and external customers when required, showcasing your expertise and helping to enhance overall knowledge within the team.
- Perform any additional duties as required to contribute to the success of the service department and the company as a whole.
- Preferably Higher Education, FP in Electricity and/or Electronics
- Proven experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining electrical/electronic, mechanical,
- Familiarity with the operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Previous experience working on ships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to provide technical support and coordination to various stakeholders.
- Prior experience working in a customer-oriented environment is preferred.
- Ability to travel.
- English language verbal and written for business use.
Application & contact
Does this sound like your next challenge? Please apply for this position as soon as possible as we are reviewing applications on a continuous basis.
This role will be based in Valencia.